Long repair wait

Discussion in '2009 - 2014 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Lhh, Jun 11, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Lhh

I own a 2013 F-150. It has been at the dealer for 2 months waiting for repair due to a chip problem. Do I have any recourse in asking for a loaner car? They have no idea when my truck will be fixed.

Tags:
  2. captchas

first off welcome to the ford truck zone forum

today that's not a unusual problem, one caused by the shortage of computer chips world wide, (try buying computer parts like video cards ) this coming from a now retired auto service manager , loaner wise being your truck is long out of warranty ( 2013 plus 3 years for bumper to bumper ) meaning in 2016 you were out, you have zero recourse for getting a free loaner, MOST if not all auto manufactures only allow that while a car or truck is under warranty or while under the offered roadside assistance coverage time frame.
    one thing you can do is ask if the part was called into ford as a vehicle down which they can use to hopefully expedite getting what's needed, BUT even there i wish you luck . computer chips shortages are even causing plant shut downs for new builds , one thing you could do is ask what part is needed, IE the PCM and call around for one in boneyards have it installed/reprogramed to work in your truck

GOOD LUCK,

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >