Explorer Looking At An Explorer

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by Paul Masley, Sep 25, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Paul Masley Founding Member

I am looking at an 2010 Explorer 4WD, supposedly an Eddie Bauer, but no badges. It does have the two tone paint, aluminum wheels, loaded and color matching interior with 50K plus miles.

Any idea what it would be worth?

Tags:
  2. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Where you live? More in January than July... :)

3. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Eddie Bauer package is more than paint
    It is a trim level, just below the the limited.
    Limited is above xlt
    Should have a leather interior, and ALL the options, including tinted glass, etc.
    Should say Eddie Bauer on the dash AND both front door panels

KBB ( Kelly Blue Book ) says in good condition for private party $12,500 is a fair price.
    Go to KBB.com and enter the information, I did a plain EB with 100,000 miles in good condition

4. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Hey Charlie, does the newer Explorers still use the 8.8 rear diff? I know they are independent but wondered if the internals are the same for swapping carriers.

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

same carrier, just has a swing axle

6. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

So I'd likely be able to find a limited slip carrier more easily then? Right on.

7. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Any 8.8. mustang, f 150, etc.
    I have a nice set of New, never used, ford racing 3.73 gears for sale here if you need them...... hint hint.......

8. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

The diff I have now has 3.73 gears but it is not a limited slip.

9. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

3.73 is a good gear for what you want.
    Not having LS is not the end of the world, you aren't going out in the snow, and you have no plans for off road.

I'd put the money into other more needy areas right now.

10. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I agree Charlie but if something comes up it's nice to know what you can rob parts off of. lol

11. Paul Masley Founding Member

Thanks gang. I told my mom about $13,500. They are wanting $22,000. I just laughed and told them to get a cash price and we will see.

12. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Hope it works out for you Paul.

13. NRA4ever Founding Member

Do like I do. Make a cash offer. If they don't take it walk away. There are plenty more to look at.

14. Paul Masley Founding Member

I did make an offer on it. It pissed the salesman off. What really pissed him off was when I told him that I was not making a down payment on his daughter's Camaro and that I knew the owner and they could do better than that. It went downhill from there.

Campspringsjohn likes this.
  15. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

$13,000 is more than fair, and they know it - especially since Explorers are plentiful. Maybe they were stupid and overpaid for it on a trade, now they want someone else to pay for their mistake. Or maybe they know eventually someone not as savvy as you about it will fall for it and buy it at $22K. I love the Camaro comment, priceless!

Paul Masley likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >