Looking for 48-52 F1

Discussion in '1948 - 1952 Ford F1, F2 and F3 Truck Forum' started by purplewg, May 11, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. purplewg

I too posted on FTE but hate all the advertisements. I have been looking for a 48-52 F1 for some time now. Two reasons. My dads first truck (used) and it will also be a retirement gift to myself. Please keep you eyes open for me. I am looking for something I can drive whether it is a hot rod or not. Not looking for a garage trophy. No offense meant to those with garage trophies. Just is not what I am in the market for.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

4. purplewg

Thanks Ken, I was flagged off that 51 service truck by a few F1 owners. Said it was too much and upon further review I could see a bunch of bondo especially in pics on his web site. He also said he highly recommends you look at it as it is not perfect. I have my eyes on a couple that have peaked my interest. Wish I could go look at each one of them. I do like the 302 engine swap.

5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Let me know if there are any in northern AL you might want someone to take a cursory look at. I can't guarantee my schedule, but if it's within an hour or so and not a rush I could check one out. Unfortunately, both those trucks are 3 (Nashville) to 4 (Atlanta) hours from me.

6. purplewg

Will do and I appreciate the offer.

7. gdub Founding Member

I have my 52 for sale. may be too far away , I'm in the Texas panhandle.
    ai859.photobucket.com_albums_ab155_gwardr_IMG_6084.jpg #ad

Camaro clip, 350/700r4, 9" w/3.25 gears.
    asking $12000

Woodmoto and dustybumpers like this.
  8. BKW Founding Member

When you ask a question like this, you should list your location.

This will save members the trouble of posting links for trucks for sale in Dutch Harbor, Punta Arenas, Singapore and Timbuktu, if you don't live nearby.

9. purplewg

Thanks gdub. I like your truck. Just one problem and that is the chebby motor.

10. gdub Founding Member

I agree, but I bought it that way. My panel I'm working on has a 302

purplewg likes this.
  11. purplewg

Well, I am about to join some you boys in the 48-52 club. After a couple months of messing around I am purchasing a 1952 F1. I am working to get it shipped now. It has a 351W with a 4-speed. The only rust is surface rust. No rust through anywhere although I think the floor pans were replaced at one time. Comes with new tailgate and running boards. First thing on the list will be a wiring kit and then front disk conversion. I will pass along photo's soon.

Woodmoto and FTZ HAIC like this.
  12. purplewg

OK, finally got it.
    f4bb26768ea9309556c701c655d8f775.jpg #ad

dustybumpers likes this.
  13. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Nice looking truck!
    Looks like you have something to work with there, without spending a whole bunch of money right out of the gate

14. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Looks like a pretty descent truck.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >