Lower heater control knob missing cable?

Discussion in '1980 - 1986 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by CD Long Jr, Feb 1, 2024.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. CD Long Jr

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 302 EFI w/ Air Conditioning. I only have heat in defrost mode. I was told to check the vacuum lines. All the pots(?) under the dash can be operated manually. While fishing under the dash. I found the bottom control for off ac Max / normal,vent, floor, mix and defrost has no cable attached to it. I can not find the cable. I can't see or feel a lever on the heater box that the cable would attach to. There's one lever on top of the heater box, behind the glove box that the top knob, cool to warm operates. It operates as it should. The on / off under the hood operates as it should. I need a photo or diagram of the lower cable and where it attaches to on the heater box.

Heater controls.jpg #ad

Missing heater cable.jpg #ad

Bottom of bracket missing cable.jpg #ad

Warm=Cool knob.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. Oldiesask

My '84 is sleeping 30 miles from here, so just going on memory. The bottom lever controls a vacuum valve, no cable. You should hear hissing if you move it (eng. running).

3. CD Long Jr

Thank you sir.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >