Man Receives Restored 65 F100 Pickup For 50 Years On The Job

Discussion in '1961 - 1966 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by FTZ HAIC, Aug 16, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Tags:
  2. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I'd say the aluminum rad and maybe the A/C.

3. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I see where he "lovingly touched the leather seat"
    pretty sure there were no leather seats in '65

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Good stuff! You're both right, but I guess we all focus on different things. It had a 66 grill on it, changes the whole look of the front of the truck.

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Have to look under it to see if it had a straight axle, or twin I beam to go with the 66 grill............

65 was the last year for the one piece front axle

6. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

64 was the last year for the straight axle Charlie. I have two 65's here and they both have twin I beams.......

Campspringsjohn likes this.
  7. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Ok. Thanks
    Went back, and saw a swing arm on one of the pictures.
    I had a 65 wit a straight axle. Must have been a left over . Back then, they got titled when they sold I guess

8. BKW Founding Member

What's wrong with it? What's right with it?

Stainless steel windshield reveal mouldings, horn ring, anodized aluminum grille, chrome front bumper, side mouldings, all indications of a Custom Cab, but...

Wrong Standard Cab painted steel instrument cluster bezel, no Custom Cab interior door trim panels, no Custom Cab nameplates on the doors.

Swapped in 390, wrong seat upholstery, dash butchered for aftermarket radio, gypo A/C, aftermarket radiator, blue paint within side mouldings.

September 1965: Ford obsoleted the 1965 painted and anodized aluminum grilles, replaced them with like 1966 grilles for use as "service part replacements."

Twin-I-Beam coil spring front suspension introduced in 1965 F100/250 2WD & 1967 F350.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  9. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Well, it really wasn't about what is "wrong", because it's obviously is a resto-mod, not a Concours quality restoration. That's why I asked what major part is not from a 65, not what's not right about the restoration. :) I wouldn't have any problems driving it myself, it's a truck worth being proud of.

10. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Give it to me and I'd drive it.

11. wpnaes Southwest Chapter

We love those details Bill! Agree, drivable every day of the week.

12. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

This is a nice story, seeing a company really appreciate an employee, I don't think companies give a you-know-what about employees anymore

13. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

When I retired all I got was a boot out the door...

14. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Boot out the door? You were lucky!

15. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

All I can say is the staff got treated a whole lot better than the hourly that broke their backs for the company but guess that's the same all over...

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >