MARS - the next indicated step?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greywolf, May 8, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Searching around tonight, I spotted this video, which is a full length movie that I suppose could be called a "DOCU-PROPOSAL" on where we are with space exploration, the possibilities of returning to the moon, and the ideas that are on the table right now for going to MARS.

~It's deeply thought provoking

If you are up for a lengthy but seriously intriguing read on not only the physical aspects of terraforming (or "AREOFORMING") MARS, but also the social, political, and potential physiological aspects of such a venture: There has been a book series out for many years now by
    Kim Stanley Robinson, comprised of at least four volumes-
    RED MARS
    BLUE MARS
    GREEN MARS
    and finally -
    The MARTIANS

Arthur C. Clarke commented that the first book in the series was:
    "...the best novel on the colonization of Mars that has ever been written"

From my own perspective? Taking into account technological "ACCELLERATION" over the last several decades (and provided we don't exhaust our own resources wastefully) this is something that is going to be realized sooner or later, no matter what administration is in office.

There is an effort underway by NASA and the several multinational space administrations involved with the International Space Station RIGHT NOW (it has been going on for a while) purely to study the effects on human beings of prolonged living in space, with an eye towards precisely such a mission...

Cross your fingers, we just might see it happen in our own lifetimes.

~Dutch J.

Last edited: May 8, 2016
    Tags:
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >