2018 6.7 power stroke problems with Stopping when depressing the brakes

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by redbambam, Aug 26, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. redbambam

Quick question, in the last week, I had an issue with when I slow down the truck, the rpms revs up as I depress the brakes. The first time it happened I thought the floor mat was stuck on the accelerator, it was not. The second time I was slowing down at a stop sign, and continued in forward while I pressed the brakes. I don't know if this is a transmission issue or something else. My local Ford dealer put it on the computer and did not detect any issues.

Thanks for your input.

Tags:
  2. DonW

we need mechanics not code readers!!

Reflection19 likes this.
  3. redbambam

Yea, I was wondering if anyone experienced this. I am new so I was hoping I could get some help.. Took it in to a dealer and they have not got any codes.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Is the power steering also tighter than normal when this happened? It sounds like the brake hydroboost isn't building enough assist pressure, it's through the power steering system, the PCM sees this and increases RPMs to try to compensate. Check the fluid level in the power steering, look for bubbles in there as well (there should not be).

5. redbambam

Thanks

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >