Mercury 4 X 4 Half-Ton....

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by KW5413, Jan 28, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I've always gotten a kick out of the early Mercuries, they seemed to oddly out of place with that name plate! If I recall correctly they sold them only in Canada, though a handful apparently made it to the states to get sold new.

3. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

special truck too, because 68 was the last year Mercury pickups were made.
    i had a 66 for about 3 months back in 1978-79. paid $50 for it not running. towed it home, did a tuneup on it, and sold it for $900

4. Grudge Match Founding Member

Learned something new. I thought the only Mercuries were the Mariner and Mountaineer!

5. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

nope. mercury pickup was offered in canada from 48 to 68. 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, and 1 ton just like we had here.
    the canadians were also able to purchase their very own version of the falcon in 1960, called a Frontenac. it was a one year only vehicle, and was a ford falcon with different grill, tail lights, hubcaps, horn button, and exterior trim. the outstanding component of the trim was a very predominant red maple leaf.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  6. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]#ad

JWC 3 likes this.
  7. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

yes sir, that be the aminal.
    these days they are getting as rare as hens teeth!!!

8. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I suspect that the easiest way to find one and the cheapest way to buy one now would be to pay close attention to that can your tuna fish came in.

9. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

yup. there are actually some clones out there, people take 60 falcons and put the grill and associated parts on, then try to sell them for a fortune.
    a smart person will check the VIN.
    a not so smart person will get taken to the cleaners because they think they are getting a really good deal and do not do their homework.

10. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

There are a pile of Mercury's in western Canada

11. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Guess there are some out there, and some don't have too bad of prices on them. Did find some 40's and 50's for $30+K (Canadian). I don't recall ever seeing one......

12. Truck Runner

Other than badges are they the same as the Ford trucks?

13. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

pretty much.

14. zip TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I sold my 65 and 66 pickups to a fellow from Tulsa.

15. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

They were a little dressier than the Fords

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso