AC EVAPARATOR HOSE LOCATION

Discussion in '1992 - 1996 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by 1993 7.3, Apr 26, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 1993 7.3

Hello I have a 1993 for f-250 7.3 nonturbo and I am trying to locate the AC evaparator hose drain so I can clean it and I can not find it anywhere can someone please tell where it is. Thanks

Tags:
  2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

There is no hose drain off the bottom of the evaporator on these trucks. It drains into the fender, from out of the bottom of the heater box

3. 1993 7.3

How do I check to make sure it's clean

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Depends on what it's doing.
    I imagine there are leaves in it, causing it to back up, and come in the cab on the floor

Here is a eveporator being removed from that vintage truck
    047.JPG #ad

Once removed, here is the leaves on the bottom I mentioned
    050.JPG #ad

Unless you are removing the evaporator, you really won't get to these

There is a solution to your problem though. I need to move this over to the articles section
    Pretty easy to do.
    https://www.fordtruckzone.com/threads/cleaning-the-cowl-drains-on-a-80-96-f-series.657657/

That should work. especially if you do it with this
    https://www.fordtruckzone.com/threads/re-sealing-the-cowl-on-a-80-96-f-series.657653/

If the problem persists, let me know, we will try a "more drastic" solution

5. 1993 7.3

I have already cleaned both cowl drains out and cut the old sealer out and put new silicone in I think these reasons were why the water was coming in the cab won't know until it rains really hard I just wanted to check to make sure the ac drain was clear as well

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  6. 1993 7.3

Instead of taking a whole bunch of things apart is there anywhere I could drill a couple small holes and let it drain through that so that when they plug up I could use air to clean them out if I can where should I drill

7. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I don't recommend that. You will be pulling exhaust into the cabin
    If that is what you decide to do, study the picture of the open box with the evaporator missing, and drill away.
    DON'T hit the evaporator.

Clean out the sides. there is where your water is coming from

8. 1993 7.3

Can I unbolt the case around the Evaparator under the hood and clean it out that way

9. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

only 1 side comes off, and sadly, the leaves come in from the other side.
    Where the evaporator drains, there usually isn't any leaves.
    I guess you could pull the fan motor out, and clean it out from there.
    would be a real PIA on a diesel truck.

10. 1993 7.3

T
    there might not be any leaves I just was going to clean it out while I was cleaning the cowl drains out can I take the one side off and be able to see if theirs any leaves or can you not even see the other side

11. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Sometimes, if there isn't a problem, it's best not to fool around and make one.
    I would probably do like my dad used to tell me, and just "let it develop " before fixing it, if it isn't a problem yet

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >