Sport mode on the 2020 6.7L

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by ifallsguy, Dec 28, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. ifallsguy

I don't know if this has been posted before. If not, this might be interest to some of you.

If you turn off Traction Control then immediately press it a second time you will be in Sport Mode. I don't know if this works in any other year, model or engine besides the diesel.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Works with the 2015+ F150 and 2017+ Super Duty, all engines. There's not any more power on a dyno, but the shifting will be more aggressive, and you're more likely to over steer without traction control if you take corners too fast if you're not a professional level driver -- everyone thinks they are, almost no one is, lol.

ifallsguy likes this.
  3. ifallsguy

I agree. The only time I use it is to fit onto the interstate when I travel in high congestion areas (Atlanta, Chicago, etc). I used to have a SCCA class A racing license many years ago and while I know how to handle oversteer, I don't want to play that game with 3 plus tons of truck.

The F-150s I had (2016 and 2019 Lariats) had sport mode on the console shifter. Use the control button and into Sport Mode.

4. Kajtek1 Founding Member

Would that override the 95 mph governor?
    I was pretty pissed when I discover the limit. What 440 HP is worth when you can't step on it?

5. ifallsguy

Federal restriction as I understand it. My Porsche is limited to 118mph from the factory.

You might check Forscan, but I've never seen that in any model Forscan mods. Also there is a speed limiting setting in MyKey in the system icon on the dash. But I think that is to set the max speed when you give the keys to a teen.

6. Herkypilot

Seems odd - my BMW is restricted to 160 mph limit. I've never touched that speed, but some have. A programmer can remove the limit if you so choose.

7. ifallsguy

I know I can change the limiter, but why bother. I've owned 5 Porsche, a number of muscle cars including a 1970 SuperBird, 70 Hemi RoadRunner and own a 70 AAR Cuba. In addition, I had a class A SCCA racing license back in the early 70's. Got that need for speed out of my system years ago and never had a speeding license even though I was a leadfoot. Now it's the Alumiduty and taking it easy while traveling around the country with the travel trailer.

wrencheswild likes this.
  8. V10 NUT

Just from being curious, I believe the speed limiter is set at the speed rating of factory spec tires.
    3/4 ton have 99mph rated tires. Hence 99mph speed.
    Cars would work the same. 130mph tires, speed limiter set at 130.

9. wrencheswild

My 2021 F250 and 2017 f250 are/were both limited at 96 mph. A buddy with a 2020 duramax has same rated tires (factory) and his duramax is 99 I think. I know it is higher. My 2016 F150 was 105 on the cut out and his sierra at the time (19-20) was 112mph on cut out. So Ford just figures to keep us safer than the competition (So we can buy another truck I am sure)

BTW After buying the new truck Ford sent me a survey about the dealership (sales) experience. I gave them the goods. Only to be told they weren't going to publish. Can't bad mouth their dealership apparently. Any way don't want to highjack the speed thread.

10. DonW

Same with RV dealers, they only publish positive reviews

11. wrencheswild

Yeah Marcus says "If you're not happy, I'm not happy" what a crock. Ill go anywhere but anotger camping world/ gander

12. DonW

Definitely, CampingWorld in Kissimmee absolutley are horrible!!

13. ifallsguy

Sorry guys, you misread that line Marcus is using. It reads "if I don't get your money, I'm not happy".

DonW likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >