Solved Missing kick down part or parts?

Discussion in '1967 - 1972 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Pushmower, Feb 12, 2024.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Pushmower

I have a '67 F 100 352 2wheel drive, two barrel carb, C6 transmission.
    When I got it, the kick down lever was missing. After a conversation with the previous owner I got the rod and the piece that goes on above the shift shaft.
    The rod is now installed and it seems to move back and forth properly. But it must be missing a part that connects to the throttle and probably spaces it away from Interfering with the throttle's smooth movement.
    Once again, I need your inputs and advice. All will be appreciated. Thank you.

IMG_20240212_085441.jpg #ad

IMG_20240212_085431.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. Pushmower

I accidentally marked this as solved. But its not solved yet.

3. Oldiesask

A carburettor for an automatic has another linkage, inside the throttle linkage ( next to the carb). I don't see one there, so someone has installed a carb for a manual transmission. Adding the linkage will require tearing down the carb.

4. Pushmower

That makes sense.
    You just saved me a lot of wasted time and confusion
    The weather is relatively nice for Michigan, so I will go to Bud's auto parts and look for a carb for an automatic with the proper linkage, as well as the '68-72 ashtray, radio, and heater controls for my new cab.
    For me, this is the fun part of putting together an old truck!
    Thank you for the help!
    By the way, I have a very nice original radio with the knobs and bezel. And an original ashtray with the frame from a ' 67. Unfortunately, the ashtray has a sticker on it. If any one wants them I will put up pictures.

5. Oldiesask

I have those parts, but not in your colour. Have you thought about just swapping the whole dash and keeping the '67 look? With a bare cab, it may be easier than you think.
    And let me know if "Bud" has any '61-'67 Lincolns! (Hijack)

6. Pushmower

I did think about swapping the dash from the 67 to the 68. Unfortunately I do not even know how to light the torch I bought from harbor freight this Winter. I went across the street and knocked on the door of my neighbor who works in a fabrication shop. He came over and heated up the broken bolt in my engine' s head. I was so embarrassed I didn't ask him how to do it.
    The dash on my 67 cab is beautiful. So is the rest of it except the floor pans and front cab mounts. I would like to find someone who can use it. It's sitting on my trailer waiting to go to a new home, or the scrap yard if I need to use the trailer.
    I am going to Bud's on Tuesday next week. What parts are you looking for from your Lincoln.

7. RP67F100

I can use the ash try pull/knob
    Painter took mine off along with glove box hardware and lost them.

8. Oldiesask

Thanks, just let me know if you see anything with suicide doors, I won't ask you to pull anything. I just figure a yard that still has old trucks, may have other old stuff, and I'm always looking, I have a friend nearby with a similar Lincoln to mine, he can pull parts.
    If you don't find what you need there, I have a 68 parts truck but the dash is red, and the other parts are likely a bit pitted.

9. Pushmower

Turns out, I am going this morning.
    I will try to get pictures of Lincolns with suicide doors.
    If anyplace around me still has them if would be Bud's.

10. Pushmower

I went to Bud's this morning. Not only did they have tbe parts I was looking for, but they have a continental with suicide doors!
    It doesn't look bad either. I will try to get the pictures loaded on my tablet from my phone.

Oldiesask likes this.
  11. Oldiesask

Thank you, I appreciate the effort! perhaps send me a PM, so as not to sully the truck forum with car pictures, I don't know how that goes over here.

12. Pushmower

Good idea! I am going to load it on my laptop. My tablet doesn't have a port to load with. I will work on that this morning. If that fai!s, I am going back with my cab tomorrow. I will take pictures with my tablet.

13. RP67F100

I am interested in the radio and ash tray. Let’s talk

14. Pushmower

Great! I will take pictures and we will make a deal.
    I do know the radio lights up with power. I don't know if it actually plays.
    I can probably find out if it makes a difference.
    Let me get out to the barn and I will post pictures today.

15. RP67F100

Ok I’m trying to find out if it can be up graded to stereo and blue tooth at one of the v cab basic radio companies

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >