Monstaliner bed liner product

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by jniolon, Apr 26, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

anyone have any experience with Monstaliner bed liner material ?? http://monstaliner.com/
    I'm thinking of using this (in yellow) on the underside of the bed... comes in a gazillion colors and seems very durable...

just wondered of anyone has used it and can report on ease of application, durability, color fade, etc.

tia
    John:cool:

Tags:
  2. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

well, the bed bottom is all scuffed and prepped the cross piece/floor brace is in place... tomorrow the "Suicide Blond" Monstaliner gets installed... bottom.JPG #ad
    bottom.JPG #ad
    monsta.jpg #ad

dustybumpers likes this.
  3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I missed your first post on this. Looks very interesting, I'm going through their site now.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

So... from what I can see, by the time you get the tint and the kit you're looking at around $170 for a gallon, which should be enough for your application?

5. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

you missed it by less than a buck... They are located in Cullman now so I saved shipping and paid cash so no tax... that paid for the gas up there and lunch !! Everything I read and can find says this is good stuff... we'll see

6. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

Monstaliner installed... took about 3 hours total (install time, not counting taping and mixing and waiting for first coat to dry) makes a nice thick coating after the second coat and I'm sure durable... they said wait 2-3 hours for first coat to dry... only took about 1.5... but it's 90 ° today. I'm pleased with it... pictures don't do it justice Img_0389.jpg #ad
    Img_0390.jpg #ad

dustybumpers and FTZ HAIC like this.
  7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

8. Scot Founding Member

Does it make a hard or rubbery finish?

9. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I like it!
    I wonder how it would do inside a fender, against rock chips and dents?

10. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Wish I had seen this earlier. I used Monstaliner several years ago. I will say it beats herculiner hands down. Also seems much more fade resistant than I ever would have imagined. Not really sure how much of a money saver it is, but it's held up reasonably well.

Not quite as damage resistant as Line-X (had my tailgate sprayed in line-x years ago), but good enough for the average user I guess. Abuse it and you will put gouges in it. I've gouged mine up pretty good. I've also gouged up the line-x at the same time, so I might be a little more rough than some folks.

The biggest down side for me is it is a relatively slick surface. Loading and unloading is easier this way, but swerving and braking makes things slide around in the bed if they're not tied down.

11. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

Scot... semi hard and rubbery... not much help eh ??
    DB... I considered inside fenders but didn't do them... I think it would hold up pretty good but it's gonna take some hits...
    F-350... thanks for the reply... I'm using this strictly under the cab so hopefully road rash will be all it sees... nothing like the bed of a good used truck...

john

dustybumpers likes this.
  12. oledad Founding Member

John, Did you use the full gallon to put 2 coats on? I am looking at coating my current project (1955 4 door Chevy Sedan), so I need to know how much Ill need. I used Wallyworld's roll on bedliner on my 1954 F-100 cab bottom and under fenders and running boards. Seems to be doing an adequate job. Only issue is "stars" in my rear (fiberglass) fenders. I wish I had fabbed some sort of inner fender but we live and learn! Later, Steve

13. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

Steve,

I used most of the gallon.... maybe a pint left... but the problem is with a 2 part mix it hardens in the can also... I opened the can a few days later and it was a nice yellow semi hard blob...... but a gallon will do it with two nice thick coats.... they recommend being 'generous' in application. After the first is past 'tacky' you apply the second coat which pulls the texture up from coat 1...

later
    John

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso