More 68 questions

Discussion in '1967 - 1972 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by macman_85602, Jan 31, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. macman_85602

Hello Folks

I am still working on my pastors 68 and we are going to look for a seat from a newer F series like a 40-20-40 or split bench and not use the taurus seats

But I am trying to figure out how to fix the interior. I am thinking when we get a new seat I would match the color to it and cover everything in leather (cloth seats though) the dash pad is in need of repair, the radio needs to be mounted correctly, the ash tray is missing. And the gauge pod is broken. I am looking at making a plate to fill the ash tray. I found the info to fix the dash pad using spray foam and sanding it down and re covering it. And I am not sure about the radio until I get into it. The gauge pod I want to replace with discreet analog gauges I am still looking for a good replacement bezel and gauge pod.

Any ideas?

Scott

Tags:
  2. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

Hi Scott, maybe try Dennis-carpenter.com for dash parts?

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

You're good up to 1996 F-series trucks for a direct bolt-in seat swap, so there's a lot of selection.

Seeing the ash trays starting bids for $7 on Ebay, not a bad price.

When you say the gauge pod is broken, what do you mean, the clear plastic is cracked or something else? When people say "pods" I usually think of round aftermarket gauge holders.

4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

When I did my last 56, I welded the dash shut with a piece of sheet metal, then took a hole saw, and cut in the round aftermarket guages I wanted. I deleted the ash tray, because I don't smoke, and don't want smoking in my trucks
    I have pictures, but they are not in the computer.

5. macman_85602

I am Looking at deleting the Ash tray. The truck has the factory gauges and most of them don't work and the outer bezel is broken so i am looking at replacing them with something like a set of auto meters. He likes the old school look.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >