Motorcraft oil filters any good

Discussion in '1997 - 2003 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Truck Runner, Mar 15, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Truck Runner

Over at my local Wally World the Motorcraft filters are the cheapest besides Fram. Are they cheaply made? Seems to good to be true that they would be the best for my truck with a cheap price like that.

Tags:
  2. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

Yes. They are very good filters. In fact, if you're running a Powerstroke, Motorcraft is the only way to go. Aftermarket fuel filters don't fit properly on the 6.0 and the 6.4 motors.

3. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Motorcraft is the way to go ....
    But Wal Mart ? I would look close , be sure they are actually Motorcraft filters , not " Motorcraft" branded filters.
    Not sure , but I have seen it with other makes and brands .
    Most of wally world crap comes from China . I worked there when MR. Walton was alive . A different place now....

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I bought them from Walmart before and they are the real deal. As far as quality goes not only is quality good but Motorcraft has one of the best designed anti-drainback valves there is.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

They are the real deal, and that's all I use on my Fords.
    I buy them at Walmart for that reason.......

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Yeah, I've yet to find anywhere that beats Walmart for filters and oil. I can buy a 5 quart jug there of most any brand for the same or less than a 4 quart jug at most auto parts stores.

The only time I found a better deal was when Pep Boys had a special on Motorcraft oil filters, any filter for $4 (which is more than Walmart's price). They made the mistake of not excluding the $25 Powerstroke 6.0L oil filter and I stocked up at the $4 price! That was back in 2008 or so and I still have some left on the shelf. :)

7. Mike B Founding Member

I also go to walmart for my Motorcraft filters and Motorcraft oil for my Ranger.
    Walmart for Motorcraft filters for my Thunderbird, and O'Reilly Auto Parts for the Valvoline VR1 racing oil. It's got the extra additives the 47 year old engine needs.

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  8. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

As strange as it my seem the Ford dealer's "quick lube" lane 17 miles down the road beats Wally World on the prices, the oil by over a dollar a quart. I suspect that is bulk oil price vs. the 5 qt bottles at Wally World, of which I do keep a couple on hand for top offs or emergency. The FL 1995 filter is a wash though.
    I've been getting my oil changed there as I can actually get it done cheaper than doing it myself, but I do have the "really large" oil sump at home and ready to go if that ever changes.

9. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It may be they do that to get people in, with the hope of getting them to buy additional services?

10. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I suspect they do Ken. They usually have a recommendation for something, such as a brake fluid flush.....If something is worn or getting close to needing replaced they always point that out.
    With $100 p/hr shop labor, it probably doesn't take long to recoup. They do handle Goodyear, BF Goodrich, Dunlop and several other brand tires and guarantee they will beat any price in town.
    The flip side to that is that they gained the nick name many years ago of "Cheatin' Charlies"......One of these days I might tell the story of the 78 F250 Ranger we were buying and got there to take delivery and found a small no frills slide in camper on it that they were insisting had to be sold as a "unit"......

11. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I love you too

LMAO

Seabiscuit likes this.
  12. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

XOXOXOXOXO......:h:anim:h:anim:giggle:anim

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >