Mustang 2 IFS in 49’ F1

Discussion in '1948 - 1952 Ford F1, F2 and F3 Truck Forum' started by Eddie G, Sep 17, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Eddie G

Hi everyone, I picked up a 49’ F1 a few weeks ago. I plan on fixing the front end, flat V8, transmission and a list of other things. My question today is about installing a IFS front end. I’ve been researching the heck out of it, I believe I have it down to two choices. But something caught my eye this morning. It’s in regards to the front motor mounts. Has anyone here done a front end swap to a Mustang 2 IFS? Does it change the front mounts (at water pumps)?

thanks Eddie G

Tags:
  2. kilohertz

Hi Eddie,

I bought a '49 F-47 with the IFS you describe, mods already done and with a flathead. I don't know what the motor mounts looked liked before, but I will try to attach a few pictures of mine so you can see how they did it on my truck.

Good luck.

Cheers DSC_7316.JPG #ad
    DSC_7287.JPG #ad

3. Eddie G

Thanks for the pic’s. The brackets to the mounts under water pumps look to have been added. This will be a big help for when we start the work.
    bTW, I can’t get over how clean your truck looks, considering it looks to be sitting where you found it.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >