My Chopped '65

Discussion in '1961 - 1966 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by dragknee, Jan 28, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. dragknee

I'm new here and I think this is what new people do. Besides, who doesn't like showing off their truck? I'll start at the end and then circle back. This is the latest video I have of it on its maiden voyage. If you like the sound of a 428FE with a cam in it, you'll love this video.

But now for the backstory. It's a 1965 F100 I bought out of a field near Mt. Hood, OR in 2008 for $550. Here's a couple before pics:

View attachment 23724 #ad

View attachment 23725 #ad

I'll skip over the next 10 years as they were fairly uneventful. I did drive it regularly for much of that time and it was a rock solid truck in spite of its appearance. Over the last few years I ended up driving it less and less, until it was in the condition you see above. Pretty rough. In January of 2018 Brian Minter of Minter Fab, a local hot rod shop in Yakima, WA., came down and picked it up to do a full makeover. Over the next 12 months, he has turned it into this.

View attachment 23721 #ad

View attachment 23722 #ad

View attachment 23723 #ad

I'm fairly superstitious I guess and didn't want to post anything while it was being built. I didn't want to count my chickens before they hatched so I've held off until now. I'll try to go back through the build and post some of the better pictures and give anyone who cares to look a fairly comprehensive overview of the entire build. If you're more of a video guy, Minter Fab posts all the updates on his YouTube channel. This link will take you there.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChfYYbvHB4hdtSB33RlUw3A

Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoy it!

Tags:
    dustybumpers likes this.
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

How do you move it, I assume its bagged so you can raise it up?

-edit- sorry, hadn't watched the video yet!

3. dragknee

Haha. No worries! It is on bags, but it doesn't actually touch the ground at full drop. It sits about 1" off the ground at full drop so theoretically I could drive it in a mostly straight line with how it's sitting.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >