Mystery click

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Grizfiz, Aug 10, 2023.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Grizfiz

Hello, this has me scratching my head. 05 f150 club cab. I’m trying to get the ac working. Hot air in both lines even after I’ve had it vacuumed completely after it runs somehow it builds up pressure in there there’s a leak anyways if that wasn’t enough, I come out to Truck that clicks but won’t start the gauges, flutter flicker and now I have a buzzing motor sound. I thought was the fuel pump in between the bed and the cab underneath somewhere I cannot find this noise anywhere. Feels like it’s up inside the frame, but it only comes on when the key is out of the ignition. It shuts off when you turn the ignition on.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Try removing PCM relay (I don't have the manual handy to tell you which one it is) to see if the sound goes away. If so, replace it.

Low amperage can cause it if a battery cable is internally corroded, see if it works with a jump start which helps push some current. The dash not working, buzzing or clicking fast is often a sign of low current. Sometimes it can even cause the headlights to rapidly flash (at low output)!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >