NEED PICTURES OF HOLLY CARBURETOR LINKAGE

Discussion in '1967 - 1972 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Cab, Mar 4, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Cab

I have a 1968 ford f250 with 390 engine and c6 transmission. The intake and carb and etc was in a box , previous owner bent some push rods, Therefore I do not know how the linkage connects . The carb is holly 1850 . The would appreciate a lot of pictures with talk. Thank you

Tags:
  2. iicap

Do you have the manifold and carb back on the engine?? Bent push rods can happen when the engine is tried to run with the stale/varnished gas in the tank from sitting for years. it will lock the intake valves to the valve guides and the valves can't open and bends the push rods when cranking the engine over.

3. iicap

Did you ever figure out your linkage. I can give you a pic of my 68, F-350, standard shift, prob only difference would be the rod going down to your transmission. Mine is a 360 with Holley 2 barrel, same FE engine as you 390.

4. BKW Founding Member

Carb has been changed.

1968/74 F100/350 360/390 came with an Auto-Lite/Motorcraft 2100 series 2V carburetor.

You'll have to find someone that has a Holley on their truck, otherwise we probably cannot help you.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  5. Pushmower

Did you find the pictures or linkage you needed?
    I just put a Holley 0-7448 2 barrel on my 67 352. I did away with the trapeze and did a single rod for the accelerator.
    I can send pictures, if you want.

6. RP67F100

If you look further down in this forum to Dec31 from Pushmower there is a topic about the linkage.
    It has a view of the original ford linkage for an automatic. As long as your Holley has provision for a kickdown you should be able to make it work

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >