Ranger Needed pinout 2002 Ranger

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by Scot, Apr 8, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Scot Founding Member

I need the pinout on the large plug that connects the engine harness to the body harness on a 2002 Ranger 2.3 Duratec.
    Thanks

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Engine harness to body harness? Are you talking about the PCM harness that goes from the engine to the center of the firewall, held in with a 10 mm bolt in the center?

3. Scot Founding Member

It sits in the shadow of the master cylinder on the engine side and is about 2" square.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I wish I still had my Ranger, so I could see the colors of the wires in the connector, and match them to the wiring diagram. But since I don't, and can't follow the harness to see where it goes, the best I can off are some wiring diagrams unless you're willing to list the colors of the wires. I have a complete wire color breakout chart.

5. Scot Founding Member

Is it possible to upload the complete wire color chart?

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I do have complete wiring diagrams too, but I'd need to know which part of the harness this connector is part of (like 4x4, PCM, fuse box, etc) because the diagrams are huge and on a service DVD. Its not something I can just save and post, it won't let you do that. I have to take screen shots, paste them into my graphics program, cut out the part needed, save to disk, etc. None of this is a 5 minute job unless I know specifically what section I need, that includes the colors since those go with the diagram pages.

7. Scot Founding Member

This is the approximately 2" square plug that connects the engine harness to the body harness located between the master cylinder and the valve cover

wire stripe
    1 red green ~14ga
    2 orange yellow
    3 pink blue (or purple)
    4 red green
    5 green yellow
    6 pink green
    7 white black
    8 yellow
    9 red ~14 ga
    10 yellow white
    11 orange red