New 2021 F350 FordPass

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by JRHill, Feb 5, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. JRHill

I am Soo very tired of the FordPass crap. We don't have a cell connection at our place.

I couldn't even take delivery without a bunch of people wanting to come out to the rig to program it. Ah, no, no ditwads punching buttons on my phone. It didn't work. Yeah, it paired but didn't connect to FordPass. You can't leave without it fully programmed. Oh you need to come back! We'll fix it! Why? Dealership perks.

We don't have a connection in the woods, and IT WOUN"T WORK AT HOME ANYWAY. AND IT DITN"T WORK AT THE DEALERSHIP.

Ford has a low performing app but the dealers have even lower performing folks than the app - even those sales folks who are in rural areas and should know better. But they seem to have these ridiculous sales people who don't know better.

The whole sales experience was a disaster. I finally ordered a rig on line for delivery to the dealership. They wouldn't tell me the truth. They were pissed that I did it. I bought a F350 for less than any F250 they offered (dealer trades). They ignored what I wanted. Whoopty-do electronics and bunches on stuff. When I went on line and ordered I got what I wanted: Small V8, 10 speed 4wd, locking axle with the backup camera. Also manual axle lock and manual roll up windows and door locks (yeah, you can still buy both those). I really like the rig. But surviving the dealership experience sucks.

I keep getting these sales and quality surveys from Ford. I delete them all. If I could tell someone from Ford the story I would.

Tags:
  2. Biffster

Sorry for your disappointment. It seems to be the morn for these days. I went through the same BS when buying a boat and the dealers knew I had money in hand! Customer Service is a thing of the past!

I need to add Ford Corporate Customer Service SUCKS! (look at my thread on the engine fire if you think I am kidding!)

3. JRHill

We've been really serviced well at that dealership for service. The service dept is excellent we haven't had any disasters. But its all easy stuff for the pickup. Otherwise I have big, big machines. I have medium machines and small machines. They don't break down. They work. That's why I ordered a rig/pickup without all the crap. The pickup is performing really well at 12.5mpg (wink).

4. DonW

A "ditwad" at the dealership programed the app on my new F-250. I couldn't be happier! The truck, dealership were great. Have never had one problem whatsoever with any of the above. Would the app work if there were no cell service? I doubt it. I am very impressed that FordPass is free. I believe you pay monthly for GM Onstar and Ram connect.

5. ScottK

How did you order online?

6. DonW

As I think about it....does anything work outside of cell service?

7. JRHill

I did the configuration tool. I printed it and took it to the dealer. They weren't too happy.

DonW likes this.
  8. JRHill

Well, in our case, we don't have cell service. But we do have satellite internet and WIFI. The WIFI could reach the pickup if I parked it close and that's what should start it if I understand correctly. But screw that stuff. I don't need the rig WIFI connected to start it. Heck, if its that close I'll just walk out and turn the key.

9. KTM

I did the same, best auto purchase ever. Next time, I'll do it the same way. I paid less for my 21 with the big V8, a back seat, and options that I wanted then an on the lot 20, single cab with the small V8, with options I had no use for.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >