New Bedsides

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by fordgo, May 11, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. fordgo Vet Zone

Getting to the point again where I am looking at buying new bedsides for my 54 has anyone used the NPD bedsides ive been looking real hard at the Dan Carpenters bedsides but NPD is cheaper buy almost 50 a side don't know which route to go shipping isn't the issue since I will drive to pick up just wondering on the quality of both.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they came from the same source. Do they list any difference in the gauge steel used?

3. fordgo Vet Zone

Dan Carpenters is 16 gauge NPD response is 16 to 17 gauge depending on where you are on panel ie near the bends on the panel...

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Both companies have good reputations (NPD has been around since the 1970s). Since they are the same (or close) gauge, I wouldn't be afraid of getting from NPD. I had a couple pieces back in the day, for a 67-72, the quality seemed decent.

5. BKW Founding Member

Flareside parts = Mar-K (mar-k.com), located in OKC

6. fordgo Vet Zone

so the bedsides that NPD sell are made by MAR-K ?

7. BKW Founding Member

All the repro parts vendors sell to each other as well as to members of the general public.

I know that DC buys parts from Mar-K, so I would assume that NPD does too.

Call Mar-K and ask: 405-721-7945.

8. fordgo Vet Zone

yeah ive noticed that on some parts I have bought that they stick their labels over the original makers label

9. GLR Founding Member

How close are you to Charlotte? Close enough to take a look and maybe save on shipping? I bought some items at NPD that had Dennis Carpenter stickers on them. At the same price that DC charges. Might be best to call ahead to see if parts are in stock.

10. fordgo Vet Zone

Well after looking around opportunity knocked and I had to take my sons soon to be wife household effects down to Mr. Niolons neck of the woods in Alabama had a 7 by 16 empty trailer going home so I stopped by NPD and bought the bedsides and tail gate and support rails for the bed. And guess what the tailgate came in a Dennis Carpenters box cant find any markings on the bed side but I had emailed NPD and the told me that they were U.S. made in Michigan wouldn't give me the vendors name tho. I also got a discount at the counter for being a Retired Military Member. Unfortunately I will be out of town for the next 40 days or so for work so no progress on the truck. Did get to spend my fathers day with my son went to Dothan watched Jurassic World and had some pretty good Mexican food......
    20150623_071021.jpg #ad
    20150623_071033.jpg #ad

11. BKW Founding Member

US Law: Any item sold in the US that is imported...must have the country of origin marked on it.

Repro parts: The problem is, tiny little stickers that have Made in China marked on them, can be peeled off.

2004: Attended the Studebaker Drivers Club gtg in Charlotte, after it ended, drove to Carpenter's place in Concord to buy some parts for a 1963 Galaxie 500XL

Among other things, I bought a set of hood letters. Carpenter was out of stock, so they were sent several weeks later.

When they arrived, there was the tiny Made in China label stuck on the clear plastic package that Carpenter did not peel off.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  12. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I've bought parts from LMC that had Midfifty stickers under theirs.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >