New member from so cal 69 ford F 250 Camper special

Discussion in '1967 - 1972 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by SoCal69, Apr 7, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. SoCal69

Hi all Im new to the Ford site I enjoyed spending time learning , meeting people and at times was able to give back from what was learned on different forums for all the vechicles I have owned many great experiences Looking to more of the same Im from So Cal and just bought a old 69 F 250 Camper Special factory A/C 390 2bbl Holly C-6 auto that was pretty much just hanging around in someones driveway for the last twelve years oil leaks , transmission leaks rubber leaks fuses missing but pretty much all intact except for a missing chrome trim on one side . I took my two boys out of school to go see the truck they wanted a adventure of the traveling Ford truck type thing as they called it on my youngest 15 birthday when I got there and the guy was jumping it at the solienoid with a old rusty pair of trimming sheers Red Flag right off but the truck was so cool looking the Grill the side compartment in the Bed of the truck the Camper Spacial logo no rust through only light surface rust he said he was the second owner and it had 65,000 original miles on it hmmm to good to be true i thought probably has the original tires on it I bought it drove it 1/2 way home ran out of gas the valve handle was broken and on aux tank walked to the station bought gas can poured it in there it went all over the ground the rubber filler tube was cracked no tools late for the pizza party for my son it was a traveling truck adventure got home with the tow truck at midnight but the kids still Like the heck out of that old Ford. I have all the parts now rubber kit , elec ign, gaskets seals already jacked up the engine pulled the pan to see sure looked like it had only 65K on it only a little dirt in the bottom looked dang thing was rebuilt but since all the gaskets were shot too many oil leaks it just sat there for years .. Im ready the kids are ready and were hoping to make this ol 69 has better days ahead ... IMG_20160321_123136.jpg #ad

IMG__20160495__075332.jpg #ad

IMG_20160324_144716.jpg #ad

Tags:
    XDM45 likes this.
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Welcome! I love the bumpside trucks (had a 67 for a long time) --- wrote the first disc brake conversion online article ever for them back in the mid-1990s. Good memories with that truck and I'm sure you'll have plenty with yours!

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

How does the wiring look? Any sign of weird wires added on by anyone?

*My pet peeve on used vehicles: Perfectly good wire harnesses turned into birds nests...

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >