New Member Needs Info About 2020 F-250 Modification

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by KEITH, Aug 18, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. KEITH

Hi, I just joined the Ford Truck Zone forum and wanted to say "Howdy" from Forney, Texas which is 15 miles east of Dallas, Texas. I am new to the Ford F-250 truck world; however, I have been driving a F-150 since 2007.

About one week ago, I purchased a used Star White/Stone Gray 2020 F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7L Diesel truck with a little over 17,000 miles. My Wife and I are planning on purchasing a toy hauler, to transport the HD trike, for future traveling/site-seeing expeditions. At the time when inspecting the truck for possible purchase, I did not notice what I am inquiring about. I have attached two photo files of the truck's lower front bumper area where I believe the OEM tow hooks are supposed to be located. It appears the tow hooks have been removed; however, what are the left/right side metal round barrel appearance parts with a slit cut in the front of each side part. I told my Wife they were factory installed .50 caliber machine guns for "blowing" the crazy drivers off the road. I wish!!! Anyway, if you can give me any information about the modification(s), performed by the previous owner, I would certainly appreciate the information. Thank you.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Its hard to say but if I were to guess I'd say they had bull bars installed that they removed before trading it in. Many of them require cutting out the plastic like that, along with removing the tow hooks.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >