New member, question on pricing F-350SD Dully

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Eric1959, Oct 12, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Eric1959

Greetings all.
    My wife and I are planing to go full time RV'ing next spring. We have time to wait for a truck but want to get the order in as soon as possible.

F350 XLT DRW crew cab 8' bed ( 2x4 ) with the Diesel.

MSRP
    for what we want on it is $67,600. We'll be putting a down payment of just over half for it. Is it too much to ask the dealer $58,500 for it? No trade in as we're using our van now.

We won't need any of the financing as we have that locked in, and won't need any other dealer suggested options other then what we picked.

Thank you.

2. mrbraq

Anything under sticker would be a good deal in these times with the demand. I got mine for $4k under and was happy. I was told I got the same deal as employees because I'm a family friend of the dealer.

3. DonW

First off, welcome aboard. Dealers control the deal now with the shortage of trucks etc, mostly caused by the shortage of chips. No way they’re coming down $9000! Actually the deal they offered doesn’t sound bad, o bought 2020 F-250 SRW, XLT , off rd 4x4, 7.3 out the door about $52,000 which I thought was an alright deal. Your diesel is about $10,000 more, 350 finally is considerably more, I guess my 4x4 off Rd was more so all told Zi think you’re doing a-ok..Good luck and again, welcome aboard!

4. DonW

I forgot…. All this so much this so much that off “sticker” crap. Is just that….crap! “Sticker” is MSRP and their probably hasn’t been a dozen vehicles actually sold for “sticker” or MSRP ever! They ALWAYS give a “discount” to YOU because you’re so special!! Remember if they take 2-3 thousand off they tack it and more back on in “dealer prep” and about 3-4 other fake costs that the manufacturer already pd them for.

5. Eric1959

We've not been given an offer as of yet. The MSRP is from Fords "build and price" site. We test drove a Ford Lariet DRW 4x4 but have not as of yet talked to them about ordering.

6. Eric1959

We're aware of the dealer prep garbage and don't plan on asking for or being push to buy anything other then what we order. We know asking what we will ask for is pretty low, but we can only try, if they say no we'll wait or look for another dealer.

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Based on what my wife and I ran into late July shopping to replace my F250, you'll be hard pressed to get any if much of a discount these days, other than any standard Ford incentives or rebates - and those are much thinner than they used to be. And the situation apparently hasn't gotten any better since then. Even parts are in short supply and commanding full retail for both Ford dealers out here, where they used to give me a discount. I've got a torque converter that's been on back order since August!

DonW likes this.
  8. DonW

probably sitting on one of the hundreds of cargo ships off shore waiting to unload....

9. DonW

Its like anything you sell, name it. You normally have so much to sell, now you only have and can get 1/4 of that, you gonna give discounts??

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >