New Old Truck

Discussion in '1948 - 1952 Ford F1, F2 and F3 Truck Forum' started by gmcole, Jul 8, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. gmcole

I recently was given a 1950 F1 from my father. When I got it, it did not have a battery so I purchased one. I got a six volt but could not get the engine to fire. There was also old gas in the tank that we siphoned out. After reading up, I realized that the truck has a positive ground system and when we connected the battery we had the ground on negative.

I disconnected the battery after realizing my mistake but wonder what I need to do before trying again. Can I just hook up battery (correctly this time) and try again or do I need to reset anything?

Appreciate the help and look forward to learning about my new truck.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

There won't be anything to reset, but there's a slight possibility you might have blown the fusible link, which is part of the wiring harness designed to melt/blow in case of a catastrophic overload. If you get power to nothing, that's probably the cause.

3. gmcole

Thank you for the help!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >