New Ranger Engine Speculation

Discussion in '2019 - 2024 Ford Ranger' started by FTZ HAIC, Nov 20, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

This is what we know about the world wide Ranger:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger_(T6)

The chances are high the Ranger is coming back, pending a contract approval going through. I'm curious as to what engines it will be available with. The most obvious choices are what we already have available now in the USA.

Can you imagine one with a 3.5L Ecoboost, that sucker would fly! By the looks it, the weight and size, I think we won't be seeing anything as weak as the old 4 cylinder it had in it, unless it's also an Ecoboost. V8... I seriously doubt it, that would be too much competition for the F150.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  2. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I guess time will tell, with today's 6 cylinders I wouldn't think a V8 would be necessary in a mid sized truck. But there are those that might want one.

3. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I think it would be a great chance to redress the only shortcoming of the old Ranger....................no V-8 option.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I bought a 2000 Ranger, I would have bought another one a few years later but my family had grown, I needed more room, and I wanted another truck, not an SUV. The Sport Trac's short bed didn't work for me either. If there had been a four door Ranger I would have bought one.

5. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I love it when you see someone who put a canopy on a Explorer sport-trac..................Why didn't you just buy a Explorer!

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

True... and they also look goofy with the top being so short.

7. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

What's even nicer is when they put on a topper that wasn't even designed for the truck.

8. Truck Runner

Is it a sure thing they are bringing it back? The international version looks larger and if it is I would buy one maybe after a couple of years to work out the bugs. They would need to change the style though.

9. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

They signed a contract with the UAW which includes bringing it back for the 2018 model year.

10. Darijan

The rumored high-performance version of the Ranger would make use of a 3.5 liter twin-turbocharged V6 EcoBoost, which happens to be the same found in the Raptor.
    The regular versions of the Ranger will likely be fitted with either a 2.0-liter Eco-Boost with 245 horsepower for the base versions or with a larger 2.3-liter unit with 300 horsepower.

[​IMG]#ad

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >