New wiring harness; easy "what is normal" parking lights question

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by BKCH, Jun 24, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. BKCH

Hi Amazing forum-sters!!!

I'm working through installing an American Autowire harness on my '55 F100 - which I have to say is both more difficult and more enjoyable than I expected!!

My dumb question; what is "normal" operation for the front parking lights? The way I've wired them, the front indicators are functioning as parking lights that are "on solid" when the parkers are turned on from the light switch.

Is this normal? If so, how is it supposed to work when the parking lights are on and - for example - the left indicator is "on"? Should the left indicator be flashing and the right indicator be still on solid??? (If so, how the heck does that work?!)

Thanks so much and sorry for my 'I'm clearly not an auto electrician' question :)

Tags:
  2. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

should be a double filament bulb with a feed from the turn signal to the larger filament and a feed from the parking lights to the smaller filament. you should have two turn signal lines identified as left and right... and the parking light line can be daily chained from left to right across and behind the grill

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  3. BKCH

Thank you! Makes total sense now!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >