Nice '71 Bronco...

Discussion in 'First Generation Bronco Forum' started by KW5413, Sep 21, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Tags:
  2. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

Damn it Keith! You keep posting these vehicles and they bring back memories, and a desire to buy one with money I don't have! The old "3-on-a-tree" manual transmission. Did you notice that it also has a throttle cable? Comes in handy taking off on a hill driving a manual! Or, what we did as a kid, when the electric went out, Dad would take our 66 Ford F100 and run a vacuum line from the milking system to the truck and use the motors vacuum to run the milkers. It would run 2 milkers, but not 3.

KW5413 likes this.
  3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Yeah, that's a trophy winner there! If I could have all the Fords I wanted..... hmmmmm.

4. BKW Founding Member

DSO 713389: Sold new in SoCal because it was ordered from the Los Angeles Ford District Sales Office (71).

A Marti Report will name the dealer it was sent to.

No COLOR code on the Warranty Plate, so it was painted a non standard color, making it Domestic Special Order (3389). So, it was not "bought off the lot."

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    dustybumpers likes this.
  5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Don't know if you caught where he said it was repainted with a different color than what it came with.

6. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

He's looking on the plate Ken, usually there is a paint code, unless someone ordered it with a special color, then the paint code is left blank.

so in this case, not painting it the "original" color didn't really matter

I went back, and it's not as nice as it may seem. Look at the pictures close, start with how the battery is held down, and keep looking at all the pictures........
    PASS

7. BKW Founding Member

Since there was no COLOR code, the only way...today...to get the paint formula, would be to order a Marti Report...to get a copy of the original build sheet.

I doubt a used car dealer would know about Kevin Marti (martiauto.com), who has ALL the original 1967/79 FoMoCo records.

8. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Actually, he is one of the more reputable Classic Car dealers in the DFW area. I would imagine he is pretty informed on these things.

9. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I don't think this was that meticulous of a restoration, judging from the condition of the molding on the outside (2 dents I saw, one piece not put on straight), and I'll bet the original color is showing through somewhere on the truck, underneath, under something in the interior, etc. Not that hard to find the original color unless the entire Bronco has been media blasted or dipped, and the thing arrived anonymously without knowing who the previous owner was. When you buy something that's been recently repainted it's usually as simple as asking "what color was it before".

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >