No Headlights or tail light

Discussion in '1973 - 1979 Ford F100, F150, F250-F350 Truck Forum' started by GDub46, Jan 18, 2024.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. GDub46

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'm having NO luck with the search tool.

Truck has been sitting for a few years and i can't get headlights or tail lights to work. Side running lights do come on. I've read that there is no fuse for these. Correct? Any ideas or links to this topic? Thank You

Tags:
  2. RP67F100

Not sure what year you are working on, but looking at a diagram I have for a 79, there are 4 fuseable links coming off the starter solenoid, one of them goes to the headlight switch

3. RP67F100

Don’t know if these will help

IMG_2863.jpeg #ad

IMG_2862.jpeg #ad

4. GDub46

Thanks RP. I will look there.

As for the year, not sure yet. She's a Mutt. '77 F150 body on maybe a '75 F250 Chassis. Still trying to figure that out. See my other post

5. iicap

On Your light problem. Bad Grounds are usually the culprit when numerous item fail to work. Apparently you know there is a fuse panel and yes as I looked, and there appears to be no fuse for the headlights. Some times Headlight Switches have a built in circuit breaker. If you don't have a automotive test light, you need to get one.

Inspect Neg battery cable, that it, IS attached to the engine block. Look for a ground wire from the firewall the engine, maybe around the gas pedal linkage/cable comes thru the fire wall. There should be one to complete grounding the sheet metal of the body, back to the battery, thru the engine block. A quick test, get a booster cable and attach to NEG battery terminal and the other end to a clean connection on the front sheet metal, try the lights, let us know if the work or not???

A couple starts, pull out head light switch, look at the High Beam Indicator on dash, step on the dimmer switch on the floor a few times and see if the indicator goes on and off with each press of the switch. Yes or No??? Remove the plug in terminal on the high beam switch on the floor, inspect ALL for corrosion, clean all well. Try switch again to see if lights or indicator work???

Getting time for the test light now. Cap

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >