< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Darkronin

I have a1991 F-150 lariat XLT with a 302 5.0l engine. I get my head lights and hazzards and dome lights. but when i turn the key I get nothing. No dash lights no radio and no turn over. basically if it requires the key foe power I don't get it.

I have changed the ignition switch at the base of the column and the actuator at the top. last year we changed the starter and the ignition lick cylinder. I checked all fuses they look fine.

I need help. I'm at the point of using a 20 lb. sledge or 12 gauge to solve the problem

Tags:
  2. macman_85602

Sounds like a possible fuse link check the connections at the starter relay on the firewall and see if anything looks bad there. Also pull the ignition switch and try to actuate it manually. Also check and see if there is power to the ignition switch connector.

3. macman_85602

[​IMG]#ad

JWC 3 likes this.
  4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Check for a bad main ground from the battery to the block
    I would move it over to one of the starter bolts.
    To test for this problem, use a set of jumper cables, and hook up the - post on the battery to a ground somewhere on the block. that should at least make the solenoid clunk when you hit the key

JWC 3 likes this.
  5. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Check all connections closely.
    Looking good does not translate to being good.

56panelford likes this.
  6. Darkronin

i just look ed at the fuse it is good. I cleaned the ends, put it back and starter then truck. Then I closed the hood and the issue came back. I went to look at it again and I guess i bumped the positive cable and everything lit back up. So it looks like it is the positive battery cable.

Once I get the new cable in I'll let you all know if it worked.

Thank for all the input!!!!!

7. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Hope you get it sorted. Cables can cause your issue.

56panelford likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >