Dual quad hi-ram tunnel ram

Discussion in '1980 - 1986 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by lazbiker, Mar 8, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. lazbiker

I’m looking at completing the dual quad intake that I was working on about a year ago. I abandoned it temporarily and settled for the single quad just to get my truck up and running. Now I’m finishing. Problem is this.... I can’t find ANY manufacturer of a dual quad hi-ram tunnel-ram for a 351 windsor for holley carburetors. It’s like they e never been thought of before!

Now I was told that there is a spacer kit to make up the difference in width between the 302 and 351 Windsor manifolds and I should get the manifold for the 302 and use it with the spacer kit to fit the 351 windsor. Is there any truth to this??

Tags:
  2. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

3. lazbiker

But that’s made for Edelbrock carbs (boewls on the sides) and I’m using Holley (bowls on the front and rear). There’s not enough space between the carb mounts).

4. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

you can use holleys on it, just rotate 90 degrees.

5. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

Did anybody mount dual Holley 4 bbl carbs front to back? Those carbs are so long, I don't see how they'd fit?

6. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

i had them on a tunnel ram 427 chevy, and you are rite. real long. side by side is much better, and easier.

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

dustybumpers and 1970something like this.
  8. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I agree with Ken, The tunnel ram on my 440 was pretty, but was no match for the 6 pack

9. lazbiker

This is for fun. It’s a toy. It’s got a Comp Cams Camshaft for performance 4wd, Summit Racing cast iron heads with larger valves and cavities, internally balanced by Machine Works, performance pistons and rings, double-roller timing set (comp Cams), roller rockers, and now I’m finishing the top end. I want it to turn heads.

10. Muel Article Contributor Oregon Chapter

There is little, short of a Puffer that will turn heads, for the money, like a Tunnel Ram.
    There is also nothing short of a Tunnel below about 3500-RPM that will deliver crappy drivability and lousy performance as quickly and completely!
    Not knowing your experience with tuning a Holley not to mention 2 of them and not wishing to insult your ability...
    I should be quiet but:
    Do you want it to run or look?

The easiest way to get a Tunnel to run on the street is to run a single plane, single 4BBL, or to top the Tunnel with EFI.
    Next best is to run a set of 390CFM Holleys or a set of the 500 CFM Edelbrock's and fill about 1/3 of the the Plenum with Epoxi.
    I used to have this Tee-shirt.

11. lazbiker

There are two kits through Summit Racing, one with dual 600cfm’s and the other with dual 450cfm’s. I’m researching this to go the best rout. I’m getting mixed reviews. The more info the better.

12. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

go with the 450's
    900 cfm on a small block is a lot of carb. More than you will need for a street "show" truck

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >