Not paint ,Vinyl !

Discussion in 'The Fabricators Corner' started by mete, Oct 29, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. mete

Saw at a rally race a new model Hyundai car .Nice color blue but wait , a mat finish. Couldn't stay around for the owner but talked to guys that explained .It was after market , a professional job. Everything is stripped off , then vinyl applied , Not cheap . I remember when the mat finishes were paint and from companies like BMV dire warnings about ever even thinking about waxing that finish !!
    Anyone here worked with this system ??

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Yeah, they've had those for a few years, basically the same stuff used for advertising wraps. Personally, I've never been into the flat look. Makes it look like someone got 99% of the way done with a car, then stopped after the primer was sprayed. Some people love the look though - to each their own :)

3. mete

Well Ken it's really hard to get real information.! :mad:
    The guys who explained vinyl had it all wrong ! They assumed vinyl for this Hyundai .
    But going to the Hyundai test reports I found it was PAINT . So while some stuff is vinyl the Hyundai is paint . Like previous matte paints ,Never Wax, Never Polish etc
    Well at least in the dim light it was a nice blue ! :rolleyes: So I'm a little smarter now . And another Empire State Performance Rally has been run . :D

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso