Veterans Zone Notes on North Korea

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by Greywolf, Aug 6, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I found a really good article on North Korea's WMD (NBC) arms programs and failures to comply with the UN and other treaties that is well detailed for non-classified public info. You can read it at this link, and follow any off-links to other topics from there. It would be a waste of effort on my part to try to fully quote it or summarise it for us here, so this is the link I found:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

Tags:
  2. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

I think the big picture concern should also be what help Iran provides now that we've given them all sorts of cash and agreed to allow them to play with nuclear stuff as long as they play nice (but we can't monitor them).

By feeding DPRK just enough to maintain our attention, what is Iran doing now that we're not paying enough attention to them?

Or do we just worry that Iran plans on giving and encouraging Kim enough to go ahead and launch against us so they get a fall guy to take the retaliation?

The key is China. I don't think China would block a retaliation against N Korea if they launched against us, and they've probably already laid the ground rules on what Kim can get away with.

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

China is just plain incomprehensible to me period. They have built huge new cities that no one lives in, the islands they are building in the south china sea just so they can claim territory that doesn't belong to them, I have seen videos that indicate NO ONE in china cares about the upkeep of anything - whether they own a thing or not. They are developing all kinds of super duper technology like high speed trains and giant bridge building machines, but the common chinese person does not seem to give a damn about any of it...

They also have a legacy of extreme duplicity

4. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

The Chinese are smarter than they give us credit for....:rolleyes:

And the Chinese are masters of deception.

5. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

If you think about thieves and liars, they perceive others as not being any smarter than they are themselves, and this is their downfall because to steal means you are an idiot to begin with. Those with long range plans and willpower to carry them out are far more dangerous

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >