O.E.M. Exhaust?

Discussion in '1973 - 1979 Ford F100, F150, F250-F350 Truck Forum' started by BluFord78, Jun 19, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. BluFord78

I am searching for a supplier for the original exhaust system on my truck. Does anyone still furnish those?

Bruce

Tags:
  2. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

not stock. but they were highly restrictive anyway. a free flowing system is much better.

3. BKW Founding Member

The parts are obsolete from FoMoCo and all F100/350's (except the Lightning models of the 1990's) came with a single exhaust system.

You'd be better off having whatever system you want installed by a muffler shop.

If a Ford repro parts seller has the original parts available (which I doubt), you'll have to pay shipping charges for the V8's left & right inlet pipes, muffler and the tail pipe.

Then either you or a muffler shop will have to install them.

Originally all these parts were bolted together, but by now, some (or all) of the parts may have been replaced, so could be welded together.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  4. BluFord78

I've outgrown the Redneck Rattler Duals, I want it to be nice and quiet. Also, I would like to install the system myself, once again I'm tired of the crappy jobs done by so called muffler shops. I'm hoping to put it back to original.

Bruce

5. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

no need for the redneck duals.on the 79 F350 with 351M i have a 3 inch flowmaster delta 50 series at the y pipe outlet, with a 4 foot piece of 3 inch pipe out to the back and a turn down tip. nice and quiet, but still flows real good.
    really woke the truck up after getting rid of the restrictive stock exhaust.

dustybumpers likes this.
  6. Beartracks Founding Member

Bump on the Flowmaster 50 series. A little rumble on my hopped up 400, nice growl when your on it and no or very little cabin rumble.

dustybumpers likes this.
  7. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I have a 50 series on 2 of my trucks.
    Quiet, until the secondaries open......
    They'll bark then

8. BluFord78

Let me try a different approach... Does anyone have a Walker Exhaust Catalog that is old enough to list ALL the part numbers for a '78 Truck? If I can get all the Part Numbers, I can search Ebay for the parts.

Thanks, Bruce

9. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >