< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. tvpitts

Can you have a oil leak from the head gasket on a 1976 Ford 302?

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I guess it's possible but it would be a very strange circumstance since oil drainback is not under pressure. More likely the intake manifold were it meets up with the head.

captchas likes this.
  3. captchas

i have to agree with ken,
    if it's not a simple valve cover leak , check the front and rear china rails/flanges where the intake meets the block,if it has the factory rubber seal i heave them and apply the chevy trick , thick gray or black silicone sealer in place off on the china rail let it set a few mins before dropping the intake back in place ,

only motor i personally know of that leaks from between the head and block is a buick nailhead where felpro brand head gaskets fail to seal the oil galley from the block to the head feeding the rocker arm assembly there only one brand" best gaskets "sold by speedway motors seal them properly

4. tvpitts

Found my oil leak. There a hole in the casting of the front cover. The timing chain is throwing oil out that hole. In my invitation of that hole I dropped at nail down into the oil pan. Have tried to fish it out with no luck. Is there any chance of the nail causing any damage?

5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Do you have clearance to drop the oil pan?

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >