Oil low alarm

Discussion in '2009 - 2014 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Glenbuck7, May 6, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Glenbuck7

2012 F150X2 often when driving and coming to complete stop the oil pressure gauge needle drops to 0 and the oil pressure alarm will sound. As soon as the engine revs, the pressure goes to normal, only to repeat this each time I stop. I have checked the oil level and it is full. Any ideas why this is happening?

Tags:
  2. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Possible bad sending unit . really need to check the oil pressure with a gauge. Go from there.

captchas likes this.
  3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

^^^ That's what I'm thinking. If it were truly bad pressure you'd usually see anytime the engine unloaded like coasting down.

4. MisterCMK

Does the engine noise change when the oil pressure drops out? If not, change the sending unit as it's a safe bet the sender is bad.

5. captchas

same thaught here. do a manual check of the oil pressure with a check gauge such as sold in a kit at harbor tools. another taught is a sludge'd up pump pickup that slows oil flow at idle a item i had to clean many times from cheap oil used by fast oil change shops and low quality oil filters they use

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >