OMG the adds on the other site, We have to get this place rolling!

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Bigwin56f100, Jun 25, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Bigwin56f100 Founding Member

I have had it! I paid for the premium supporter on the "other" site a while back and now there are more adds again.
    I really want this to be my new home but just not enough action yet, I'm sure in time............

Tags:
    Campspringsjohn and zip like this.
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

We're getting there. We really need more truck discussion going on, and personally that is one thing I plan to focus more time on moving forward.

On the plus side of things we are making great upwards progress in Google search results.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  3. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I'll try and help too guys. I have a 53 project and a 67 project going and have been meaning to start a thread.........

4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I have some things written, but I'm swamped right now. I'll post as soon as I can....

5. zip TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

At first I thought it was something on my end. Turns out it's not. No longer a Chapter leader there so not much keeping me there any longer. I still hang out there but a whole lot less and even less with the stupid adds.

6. KentuckyKid

The internet has ads? I never noticed...I kid. When advertising on the internet was invented, ad blocker plugins/extensions were created the following day. The best, current one (that i recommend) is: www.adblockplus.org

You can enable/disable it on individual sites as desired (example: if you are visiting an ad revenue based site that you WANT to give hit counts/money for the site, you can mark the plugin to NOT be on for that site). If it's a "free" site (like many free web services) that you don't care about them making money (example: yahoo, google...I hear they have ads now), leave it on.

I never knew Google or Yahoo or...many sites that now have ads, switched to ad based revenue. I only found out by watching someone else browse the same site I visited and I was shocked at how bad ads have become. And conversely, I am surprised to find out that many folks never heard of ad blocker plugins.

Stephen

7. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

I too noticed the abundance of adds at the other site. And I'm a "Gold Club" member. One of the deals with being a paid member is you don't have to deal with the adds. That privilege must've run out.

8. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

no, the tech guys made some changes without ever "proofreading" them.
    it has been fixed

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  9. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I noticed there were a lot of adds too the other day but seem to be okay now. This site is bound to take off but it is new, I'm sure it took some time for the other site to become what it is. I think for 3 months the Zone is doing pretty good for only a fraction of the members posting.

10. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

I rarely go to " that other " site .
    Mostly here , and a few other places ...

11. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I don't go to the other site. I got in a big battle with King George, and he made it clear I wasn't welcome there
    I had just paid to renew supporter for the year.
    I wanted a refund since I'm not welcome there, but was told it's my choice not to post there. No refund

12. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

If you did it through Paypal, file a dispute there, let them decide.

13. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Good idea!
    I know it's only $20, but if it's been made clear to me I'm not welcome there, I should get my money back.

14. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

you could probably contest that with administrators though. a moderator should not be able to tell someone they and not welcome on a site.

15. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Paypal generally sides with buyers.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >