Ordered a Engine Display / Tuner for the 2017 F 250 6.7L

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Biffster, Mar 23, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Biffster

Given I had the engine fire and and they did not examine the engine internals, with the idea, "if something happens internally, we will worry about it then", attitude. (Another cost Savings by Ford warranty!)
    I bought an "Edge Evolution CTS3 - 94-19 Powerstroke" monitor".
    This way I can keep track if something is going south, being at this time, 3/23/2021, my truck is NOT fully repaired since the engine fire on July 1, 2020.

We will see how it does on keeping track of the exhaust temps, injector, and other tell tale signs.

Tags:
  2. Biffster

Installed the "Edge" looks great. Provided more information than what I ever imagined. Removed the side vent cover to route the wires and looks great. Now I need to do some gauge recording under the same conditions to monitor any changes in engine performance.

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Do you have it setup with one of their gauge "pod" mounts?

4. Biffster

No I do not. I currently using their Suction Cup mount. This way I can easily remove it and store it out of sight.

5. Biffster

I found out that in order to see my "Oil Life Gauge" via FordPass, I had to disconnect the Display gauge from the OBD port. Why didn't Ford make the "Oil Life Gauge" one of the items you could view by scrolling through the display menus?

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It may be an item that is sampled from an OBDII pid. For many things, only one item can sample the OBDII bus at a time. I've run into this, where my touch screen can't run it's OBDII gauges when I have my tuning data logger on.

7. Biffster

Up date to the Tuner / Display unit. Seems every three months the unit will "Just turn off". (Glad I am not using it as a tuner, but just display only.) Edge has now sent me, at two different times, replacement cables. Well here we go again, around December 23, unit turns off again. Today, 1/3/2022, I was able to get back to Edge and the guy recommends I do another update and sees what happens.
    I cannot not recommend anyone get one of these units as same problems over the 9 months of ownership and the same problem continues! UGH!

8. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Are they getting damaged due to any vibration?

9. Biffster

They sent me new Update to my unit today. I down loaded it to my unit. My truck is hooked up to my boat. So I will try to test it over the next couple of days. I really think it is a mechanical issue and not a software issue. We will see and I will report on my findings.

10. Biffster

Update: Display went out / quit working again. Would fire up, display "Loading Gauges", then go dark. Edge is sending me a replacement unit.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >