Remote Starter

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by dwayneF250, Feb 13, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. dwayneF250

I have a 2018 F-250. It didn't come with the Ford remote start feature. Is there an OEM Remote Starter system I can purchase to have installed in my vehicle aftermarket?

thanks in advance

2. dwayneF250

I've decided to go with a plug and play solution. I'll report back once I get the item and install it.

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Which one are you getting?

4. dwayneF250

I'm looking for something local but online, I've seen 12voltsolutions has one as well as a company called arctic solutions.

5. ROLLIN298

I have remote start on my 1978 F150, Her name is Stormy.

mrbraq likes this.
  6. dwayneF250

LOL @ROLLIN298 , unfortunately I don't have one of those. I did however, purchase the kit from 12volt.solutions. I'll report back when it comes in and let everyone know how the install goes.

7. BigBlue Vet Zone

How did that remote start work out for you? I am looking to add one to my 2019 XLT. As I read about the different types, I am seeing there are a lot of problems after adding the remote start. True or False?

8. dwayneF250

It has actually worked great. I still have it, after renewing for another year of service. The only time I had any issue, was when I was camping at a location that had no T-mobile service at the campground. Apparently the service that's used on the vendor side that you sign up for, is a T-Mobile cloud service of some sort. So that's the only thing I would be concerned about is whether or not you will be in a location that has no T-mobile service.

9. BigBlue Vet Zone

That is very interesting! I am glad you said something about that. LOL. I am frequently out of cell coverage; so that is really a big issue.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >