OZZY FORD Fairlane? ~You're not gonna b'lieve this...

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Greywolf, Feb 8, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

In your wildest stretches of the imagination, what engine would you love to drop in a Ford Fairlane...

If you could find one!

I bet this one never occurred to you:

See links in video if you are that fascinated you want to see the whole project, I thought a Quad cam 4Valve V8 with a TURBO was an EXCELLENT idea!

* Skipping ahead to the final chapter of the story:

~ and it's a FOUR DOOR

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Tags:
    Campspringsjohn likes this.
  2. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

Would never think to do that! I know it's a toyota motor in a Ford, but it sure looks like a fun car now!

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I see odd builds like that all the time on www.theturboforums.com. Even a turbo'd motorcycle with a custom setup computer that allows it to run pretty much any hydrocarbon fuel including diesel.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  4. V10 NUT

Hmmmm. Let's see. 500 inch v8. No cams, just electronic valve actuators, twin turbo,direct injection,twin exhaust, one with muffler, one true straight pipe,4inch of course.
    A programming nightmare maybe. Have everything from a nice quiet,smooth running cruiser humming along at1500 rpmgetting 30 mpg to a 6 second 1/4 mile monster getting 3 gpm screamin at 9000rpm.
    Ok, maybe I missed a few details here or there. Would be nice tho:rofl:anim

5. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I have indecent daydreams about FORD V-8's that have twin cam heads and 4V cylinder valving...

You hear about Ozzy 4V and 3V heads, but they turn out to be less than the heads for the Coyote engine

Volvo and Mazda went there a long time ago but few parts interchange except within brand lines. Though Mazda designed the ECO-boost engines for FORD

Last edited: May 9, 2018
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >