padded dash on 1966 f100

Discussion in '1961 - 1966 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by GSP, Dec 14, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. GSP

I am looking to remove the padded dash on 1966 f100 and was looking for a starting point. I would imagine the radio speaker and vents come off first, but after that does the padded part unbolt from underneath?
    Steve

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

There are bolts on the corners near the a-pillars. You can remove those without removing anything else. There are clips under the pad that need to be removed. To access them you have remove the instrument cluster, and gloove box (it's basically wood fiber board). There's also a trim piece on the top near the windshield that pulls out, and one on the passenger side on the edge of the pad that also pulls out. You'll need to do some pulling then, the pad has spots where they glued it to the metal underneath.

3. kjS

I just removed my dash on my 66 . If you’re looking to replace it with the original Dash.. “ Just Dash “ is the only place that I found one , that looks like the original. You’ll have to special order it and they’ll make it up for you.

4. GSP

Ok I am taking the dash pad off and having trouble with the radio speaker, radio face, and glove box. I see the speaker has bolts and wing nuts, but it looks like the radio needs to come out also, and I cannot get the face plate off the radio. I removed the knobs and the 2 screws on the face, but the plate seems stuck. Before I hit with a block of wood or something, I am wondering if I missed something. The glove box has a spring steel piece of flat stock about 2 inches wide coming down from the top that looks like it might be holding the glove box up. Any ideas out there?

steve

5. kjS

8BD3AA4B-C090-435F-8699-11B278D0ADA7.jpeg #ad
    8BD3AA4B-C090-435F-8699-11B278D0ADA7.jpeg #ad
    Sorry no radio in mine .. but I don’t think that there is a 2 in. Bracket holding up the glove box itself. This schematic is from LMC. I did not have any brackets holding anything up in mine .

6. Jameye

I removed my dash pad recently in my 66’
    All that I had to do was to remove the corner pieces at both ends of the dash by removing the 2 screws in each piece, then removed the 2 vent covers & pull up on the dash pad. My truck doesn’t have a factory radio or speaker.
    I am not replacing the dash pad, so I used a lot of Goo Gone to cut through the glue & a lot of elbow grease 041EBA34-5AD0-460E-9AF3-A8A940D07A0A.jpeg

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >