Passing this along from Ford

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by FTZ HAIC, Nov 9, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Ford Motor Company and History Channel reached out and asked FTZ to pass this along. I plan to watch/DVR it.

Beginning Saturday, November 10th, the HISTORY® channel and Ford F-Series are launching a six hour programming event with all-new primetime shows that include “Truck Night in America,” “Truck Hunters,” “Born Tough: Inside the Ford Factory,” “American Restoration: Truck Edition,” “Trucks Transformed: Custom Culture” and “Rescue Trucks.” You can follow this link to view a trailer:

Beginning Saturday, November 10th, the HISTORY® channel and Ford F-Series are launching a six hour programming event with all-new prime-time shows that include “Truck Night in America,” “Truck Hunters,” “Born Tough: Inside the Ford Factory,” “American Restoration: Truck Edition,” “Trucks Transformed: Custom Culture” and “Rescue Trucks.” You can follow this link to view a trailer

Starting Saturday at 8PM. #BuiltFordTough
    https://www.fordtruckzone.com/

Tags:
    JWC 3 likes this.
  2. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I will DVR this! Thanks Ken!

3. BKW Founding Member

If it's anything like History's programs from the past, it will have more errors than facts.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It was just some of their regular shows but with Ford truck episodes, not meant to be any hard core history. There was also a show doing a tour of the Rouge F150 factory. I didn't know this since it's been a few years since I toured an F150 plant, but that aluminum body is not spot welded anywhere. Ford did away with all spot welding and switched over to epoxy assembly. Before anyone says something negative about it, Ford mentioned that it actually made the truck much stronger and pass crash test results with better results over welding.

5. BKW Founding Member

Ken, History had a short series on the history of the gun, it was terrible.

They had knowledgeable experts describing...for example a rifle, then History showed a pic of a completely different one.

A long time pal of mine was one of the experts, he's related to John M. Browning and is evaluating the Mormon (LDS) church's firearms and edged weapons in their huge collection.

He called me after viewing the first show, said don't bother watching, because all it will do is make you mad.

Coupla years ago, History had another series on the history of the automobile...another horrid show full of errors and downright mistakes.

They were talking about one car, did the same thing, showed a pic of an entirely different one.

6. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I watched all three last night and thought they were great! Watching the last three right now.....

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

These weren't covering the history of Ford trucks. Just "fun" shows. I liked watching them. Don't be a wet blanket! :)

Fabman likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >