picture of where the voltage regulator postion

Discussion in '1961 - 1966 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by GSP, Nov 1, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. GSP

Would anyone have a picture of where the voltage regulator, horn relay, those 2 ground wires, and capacitor go? I thought I took a picture, but now I cannot find it. I looked around the web, but that area on driver-side radiator support gets little attention. I cannot believe I missed that when I tore the front end off.

Steve

Tags:
  2. iicap

Will get for you later today, Cap

3. iicap

Double black on single term ground wire to horn relay mounting bolt. The single wire to regulator may be wrong in my picture. If it reaches under the regulator plug in terminal to the other mounting bolt easily and neat it may go there. My truck never had a radio and the condenser you speak of may mount to reg bolt where you see the ground wire now and possibly plug into the female bullet term you see with nothing to it. Yes that is an electronic regulator from a later truck. I had two OEM mechanical regulators, old from this truck and another. When the second one failed I upgraded.

20201102_155322.jpg #ad

4. GSP

Thanks Cap for posting the picture it helps a lot. I have be out there looking for witness marks from the bolts on the regulator, horn relay, and capacitor because I took off the radiator support and painted it black and lost those reference points.

At first years ago I thought the capacitor was for the radio, and I started doubting that this week because the capacitor plugged right into the stock voltage regulator, and I thought what the heck. Now I am back to seeing it is for radio static which is comforting because I thought if that goes bad how would I figure that out other than replacing.

While looking super close I noticed that Ford uses a star washer on the grounds and that helped, I also found a picture I took of the grill bolts, and they have a star washer on the bolts for the grill plus the grill bolts are shorter.

Now I will get it back together in that area.

Thanks Steve

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso