plugged fuel line

Discussion in '1961 - 1966 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by GSP, Jan 6, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. GSP

Hi, I have 1966 ford half ton with 6 cylinder and I cannot get any fuel to come from the gas tank to the fuel pump. I tried blowing air back through the line, but the air comes out the vent tube. What is a good way to get the fuel to flow? I just put in 5 gallons to make sure there if fuel.

steve

Tags:
  2. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

Well, air goes back to the tank if it's coming out the vent tube. Can you hear the gas bubbling when you blow air back? If not, then the pick up tube is above the gas. Have you tried to suck the gas through the line?

dustybumpers likes this.
  3. GSP

Thanks for your note I just figured it out. The tank feeds from the top and that little rubber hose at the bottom under the door had broken. Heck, I bought this truck in 1975 one owner and have put a couple of engines and transmission over the years in it and just assumed the tank feed was at the bottom of the tank with a vent coming out the top like an old British car. I unhooked the line at the top of the tank and thought that is odd this is a sealed fitting. Next, I went under the truck and was going to unhook the line that I assumed was on the bottom and could not find one. Then the light came on and I thought that is a clever idea. If the fuel line breaks, the fuel will not run out. This fixed a riddle because I was getting poor gas mileage and it was getting hard to start. Fortunately, I only drive it a few times a year.

Peace out steve

4. For-dragon

I'm glad things worked out. I used to learn from a '56 my dad and I had. These old trucks have lots to teach, but they're fairly forgiving and often don't mind waiting for us to figure it out.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso