portable campsite generators

Discussion in 'Towing, RV's, Campers and 5th Wheels' started by 67427, Jun 20, 2023.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 67427

i am looking for a quiet inverter generator to use at campgrounds when i go "up north" in michigan...it needs to make around 2000 watts...what brands have you used and how noisy were they?...thanks

Tags:
  2. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

For portable Gensets, the most popular I see in the campgrounds (that allow them) is the Honda EU2200i or the Harbor Freight Predator. From what I have seen and observed these two are the most popular and close to what you would call whisper quiet. I don't use a portable but I can tell you they are 100% quieter than my built in Onan with a muffler on it which would probably be more properly called a resonator.

In the RV forums and the Facebook RV / Camping related groups and pages the Honda and the Predator are the most referred too.

3. RP67F100

I have the Honda EU2000 and the companion 2000. They can be hooked together to give you 4000 watts of clean quiet power.safe for circuit boards and other electronics. Mine will run for apx 8 hrs on the two built in tanks. The 4000w Will safely run one a/c , fridge and inverter. Just have to be careful using microwave or coffee pot, or hair dryer at the same time
    And I like having the two smaller units that are lighter for loading, take up less storage room, and if you have a problem with one, you still have one to do some charging

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >