"Portable Cuisine" (Secret recipes that work great and only dirty one pan)

Discussion in 'Towing, RV's, Campers and 5th Wheels' started by Greywolf, Jun 24, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I noticed that a tin (CAN, for Americans) of ROAST BEEF in a Dollar store was about the same as a roll of ground beef. One was 16 ounces and 27% fat the other was roasted and had gravy, and was 12 ounces.

Being nosy by nature I read the details of the protein and what-not information - and found the can of roast was healthier

STEP TWO: Grab a box of "HAMBURGER HELPER BEEF STROGANOFF"
    (the plot thickens here - so far you probably spent five bucks, and have some milk at home if the 'box' calls for it...)

All of this so far is a tin can and a box about the size of a sheet of printer paper an inch thick....

The one part that is perishable is SOUR CREAM, but if you have all of these, it's done!

Rinse out the roast beef can into the pot so you get all of it, put in the sauce mix from the stroganoff, stir with a wisk (scoop out the beef if you have to) until the sauce is smooth.

Once it boils good - drop in the noodles, cover, and set aside.

The sour cream is for topping when served....
    (even when back packing)

* Dried sour cream? Don't know, but it would be nice!

SUMMARY: GROUND BEEF is not the only answer - in fact, canned ROAST BEEF has a dynamite flavor that combines with that particular "BOXED MEAL" in a way that works for me...

Frankly, if you try this you will add it to your HOME menu....

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    Tags:
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >