Power steering donor truck

Discussion in '1967 - 1972 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Pushmower, Nov 18, 2023.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Pushmower

I have a '67 F100 2 wheel drive with a 352 and automatic transmission. It came with no AC and manual steering. It also has a manual brake dual master cylinder installed by PO if that makes a difference.
    I would like to install power steering.
    What year and model should I look for? And what do I need to take from the donor?
    Of course all help and suggestions are appreciated.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

You need a 1967 - 79 F100 power Bendix steering box, an FE engine power steering pump, change out the left engine perch for one designed for power steering, If you go with the Saginaw steering box you also need to swap in the entire 73-79 column, and redo all the column wiring

3. Pushmower

Thank you for the info.
    Does that mean I won't need to shorten the steering column?
    Is the left engine perch what the motor mount bolts on to?
    Does that also bolt to the frame? When I remove that from the donor truck will I need to jack up the engine to support it?
    Again, thank you for answering my questions. I really appreciate your help!
    I am really tempted to find a donor and get on it! But Winter is coming, I will need to do it before the snow!

4. RP67F100

Yes the perch does bolt to the frame and then mount bolts to it and the motor. You will have to support the engine. On the donor truck you can take both mounts loose and put a block under oil pan. Not sure about the steering column

5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

With the Bendix pump, it will not need the column swapped because it's about the same size as the manual steering.

6. Pushmower

That is great news! That means I can do it without special tools or expertise.
    Other than the experience gained by a guy who has done it. That is.
    Thanks again! I will keep you posted on the process.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >