Power steering pumps in 49’ flatty

Discussion in '1948 - 1952 Ford F1, F2 and F3 Truck Forum' started by Eddie G, Sep 15, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Eddie G

Hello everyone, new to your forum. I have a 49’ F1 that I’m doing the front end and drive train.

I have issues with both my arms and want to add PS. Has anyone had success with a PS pump? The axel part is no problem, plenty of product. I found 2 pumps claiming to be for the 49-52 flathead. One of which is on eBay, the seller has no proof of item working. The other from Unisteer. But I can’t find any recent users. Some from 2017 that had issues with mount.
    Since my current front end needs to be replaced, I’m looking at the mustang 2 IFS out there. If anyone has done that and left it as manual steering, was driving any easier? My local hot rod shop thinks I should go IFS. I’m gonna replace the flathead and go with T5, maybe the TKO from speedway. (Pricey).

Tags:
  2. kilohertz

Look into the Toyota MR2 electric power steering pump, I think late 90's and into mid 2000's or so?? Mine came with the pump but not installed and a power rack Mustang II IFS from TCI.

Cheers

3. Eddie G

I’ll check it out, I purchased my M2 IFS with manual R&P this past week from TCI. Showed up on Friday.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >