R134a accumulator

Discussion in '1987 - 1991 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by romel1088, Oct 16, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. romel1088

So /Y'All accidentally dropped this into the wrong forum....

I recently had a child not think about where he was shooting his 22 and he shot my truck. Long story short is the only damage was the accumulator. Rather than put in a 1993 accumulator with a conversion fitting which has been prone to not work very good I was wondering if the accumulator off a 1994 or 1995 could be made to work. I know the configuration is a little different, but I was thinking that if the fittings are the same size it would still probably play and play just fine. This way I would not have to frig around with a conversion fitting and would just have a straight up R134a fitting.​

Thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Answered your other thread

3. roscoe 0202

I would go to rock auto and compare the pictures to see if the r-134 would work I bet it will
    roscoe

4. romel1088

Old one is SAE new one is metric.

5. Mykul68

I'm betting they are slightly different size as well as the sae/metric difference. I tried to dothe same with my '89 F250 and they were different in height and length by about 3/4 of an inch. The 134a accumulator wouldn't fit in the R12 plastic housing.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >