random touches...

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by jniolon, Sep 12, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

working on stuff inside cab and hard to see progress here's a few

door latch clean up..... fillin up the holes from the old latches
    seat belt brackets..... upper supports for the 3 point belts
    running board braces... heaven forbid some little curtain climber jumps on the glass board... but I thought it wouldn't hurt to brace it... 1/4" x 1" flat bar welded to attach points and glued to the boards.. makes them much stiffer... but those gravel filled Keds are gonna kill the other side latch holes.jpg #ad
    seatbelt bracket.jpg #ad
    running board bracing.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. Paul Masley Founding Member

John, when you finish the boards, use rockguard on the step pads. It will protect it from those gravel filled keds and touchup is in a can.

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Glass on the running boards? Pictures!

Oh never mind, lol, you mean fiberglass. Guess I should have looked closer at the pictures you already posted!

4. Paul Masley Founding Member

Glass on the boards would not be funny if wet and the little tykes stepped on it. Tim might think it was though.

5. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

Paul... when I google Rockgard... all I see is mudflaps and boat protectors... ???

6. Paul Masley Founding Member

John RockGuard is a rubber type of spray that you can buy in a rattle can or spray with a gun. You can get it to match the color you want. It was widely used about 20 years ago in rocker panels and rear 1/4's to stop rock damage. Some of it is also available in a film that you apply before painting with a heatgun.

http://3mcollision.com/3m-rocker-panel-coating-08889.html

7. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Are those seat belt shoulder anchors a Midfifty piece John or did you make them yourself. I made my own and wasn't thinking of th way the ABS upholstery pieces fastened to the door post and might have to drill out my plug welds and make some modifications. Do you have a picture of your pieces before you welded them in?

8. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

hey John... those are mid 50 parts.. thought about the upholstery but didn't know just how the upholstery would be attached to the truck... so i welded them in and will let the upholstery guy worry with it... might need some velcro or something similar...

9. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New project 160 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

I made these by looking at what I thought the ones Midfifty sold looked like. That piece of 1/2" square rod that welds behind the door post prevents the clips of the ABS piece from clipping onto that post, d this look anything like what you purchased?

10. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

mine were just bent metal... probably 12 gauge or so
    Image1.jpg #ad

11. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I think I have something else to do this winter John, 2 steps forward and 1 back, I'm going to audition for You Think You Can Dance...lol

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >